Unleashed upon an unsuspecting world in the 1980’s, the TR-808 and TR-909 produce arguably the most influential drum sounds in modern music. Not only have they appeared on thousands of dance tracks over the course of three decades, but they have helped define the sound of entire musical genres.
From Rap and House to Techno and Trance - these two drum machines have left an indelible mark on the art and culture of music.
Roll the drums.
With the TR-8, we have obsessively analyzed and faithfully re-created every detail and nuance of the analog circuitry of these legendary rhythm machines. The boom and snap of the 808. The thud of the 909. The robotic click of an 808 rim shot or a classic 909 snare roll. It’s all here.
Not content with mere recreations however, we have enhanced these classic instruments with capabilities far beyond the original units.
Tune and Decay knobs are now present on every instrument and the Bass and Snare drum modules have dedicated “Attack” and “Comp” knobs allowing for a great variety of tones – from subtle ambient percussion to pounding dance grooves. Per-step effects and the massively addictive “Scatter” function take things into entirely new territory.
With the authentic tone and character of the original units and with new sound tweaking capabilities inspired by legions of users, the TR-8 breathes new life into the sounds we all know and love.
Make no mistake - the TR-8 is an instrument, carefully designed from the ground-up, to be played. Every control has a solid, predictable feel with each drum instrument having robust, “playable” faders. Numerous lighted knobs and RGB-lit buttons give realtime performance feedback and a striking appearance on stage.
Pattern creation is creative and intuitive using an evolved version of the TR-REC method which originated in the TR-808 and eventually became the standard for electronic rhythm programing. Based on detailed analysis of the original TR-808, the TR-REC behavior has been faithfully modeled in the TR-8. But the TR-8 goes well beyond the original, allowing you to seamlessly switch between programming and performance modes and to introduce lots of groovy rhythmic variations – from subtle snare fills to total glitch meltdowns.
Just like the original:
· Faithful TR-REC behavior for pattern creation
· Large tempo control knob and a Fine adjustment knob for total tempo control.
· 16-step sequencer allows you to switch between variations [A] and [B] as well as continuous playback
· Play drum instruments and record to steps in real-time
What is Scatter?
Scatter is a unique performance function that gives you detailed realtime control over variations in your patterns and any incoming external input signal.
Scatter can reverse, glitch, gate, truncate, stutter and perform all manner of rhythmic variations - from subtle to extreme - and all in perfect sync.
Pick from 10 different types of Scatter and smoothly adjust the intensity or “Scatter Depth” with the large comfortable dial.
Seamlessly switch between Scatter patterns and quickly turn Scatter on and off for cool variations when and where you want them.
Try it. You’ll like it.
A few more things
You can connect the TR-8 to your computer via its USB jack to send and receive Audio and MIDI data.
The TR-8 can receive MIDI clock information to sync with external devices including other AIRA series units.
The TR-8 is designed to work seamlessly and look great with other products in the AIRA series.
• Build dream kits made up of different instruments from the TR-808 and TR-909.
• 16 stunning kits made up of 11 instrument types.
• Control the intensity of the Accent function with a dedicated knob.
• Per-step Gate Reverb and Delay effects with dedicated, realtime knobs.
• Mix sources connected to the External Inputs
• Using per-step controls, the Built-in Side Chain function creates rhythmic ducking and gating effects on External Inputs with per-step control.
• Mix and add effects to sources connected to the External Inputs
• Two assignable analog outputs and full parallel outputs via USB for total mixing flexibility.
Just like the original:
• Faithful TR-REC behavior for pattern creation
• Large tempo control knob and a Fine adjustment knob for total tempo control.
• 16-step sequencer allows you to switch between variations [A] and [B] as well as continuous playback
• Play drum instruments and record to steps in real-time
• Scatter lets you freak and tweak your grooves with realtime control and perfect sync
• 16 per-step pads with bold, full-color LEDs clearly show the current status
• Realtime pattern creation up to 32 steps
• Change the pattern step count seamlessly and on the fly
• Rec/Play modes have been eliminated enabling seamless pattern making and performance
• Seamless switch between step input and playing pads in realtime to create patterns
• Realtime play of 4 different types of rolls (8th, 16th, VARI 1, VARI 2) to suit your beat
• Quickly Mute/Unmute individual instruments during performance or production
• Shuffle function from original TR-909 now has a knob for continuous realtime control
• Pattern randomizing function induces creativity and brings spontaneity to live performance
• 7 segments, 4 characters LED display shows the current tempo and has Tap function
• Pattern copy function to derive new patterns from existing patternsmakes it easy to create pattern variations
|Custom Stock Status Qty Rule||N/A|